Last night my throat pain went from uncomfortable to very painful like flipping a switch. They upped me to Morphine which helps with the pain but makes me sleep. I am on a drip so that I can get the Morphine when I need it. I had my first fever last night but it came down on its own.
My menu for the next five days or so looks like Jello, pudding, and popcicles. At least that is better than tofu stir fry.
In answer to Uncle Marty's question, I actually have a decent of view of the hills on the edge of the city.
Kate's brothers came to visit me today with Kate. They brought delicious icy things and we watched stupid movies.
I have enjoyed getting cards in the mail so please feel free to send them to my room number at Brigham and Women Hospital:
Jason Holmes
Floor 6C Room 53
Brigham and Women Hospital
75 Francis Street
Boston, MA 02115
Okay, now I am getting sleepy and need to go back to bed.
Saturday, February 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Jay,
Sorry your throat is hurting. I'm right there with you. Who knew that having tonsils out as an adult would be so painful. I'd rather deliver triplets than do this again! Good thing they only do it once. Wish I could share your morphine pump though. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we are going to make it up to see you- I thought I'd be better by now :( McKenna, Phil and I send our love and hopes that the morphine is working for you. Maybe I can send up any leftover Jello and puddings with Mom!
Love,
Jenn
Hey man, I am sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. At least they gave you happy drugs and you get to eat lots of icecream. I hope that you are feeling better aside from the sore throat. Are you gonna watch the superbowl? I know you are more of a baseball fan. Either way, hope tomorrow is a better day. Feel better say hi to Kate for us.
Sammy typing:
Keeping tabs on you through the blogs. Technology in our time sure has its advantages.
We are all praying for you and your girls. Got others we know also offering prayers on your behalf. In other news in the Cardwell/Wills family household: I am more outnumbered than ever with the addition of a new canine (female). So now the count is 6 to 2 (I'm only backed up by the cat and he's disfunctional!)
Keep looking UP! We'll keep reading your blogs and praying.
Post a Comment