Yesterday (day +8) was another one of the fevers / chills / sleeping / feeling like crap kept me in bed days. It's the morning of day +9 now. They told me to worst of the days would be +3-+9. Well, last night, to add to the fevers and chills, I came down with diarrhea. Not like the "trots", more like the "shouldn't that be solids". I don't need to sprint to the bathroom, but by stomach hurts and there definately is nothing solid about what comes out. The fun part, they have to collect it in this plastic hat thingy to make sure I don't have an intestintal infection.... fun for all.
Kate came up again last night. I fell asleep on her a number of times. She's very good to me though. She came up because she has the show this weekend, so she knew she wouldn't get as many chances this weekend. I still say she's doing to much.
Some good news from the Docs this morning! My white blood cell count was 0.11 this morning. Since I had my transplant, the white blood cell count has been between 0.04 and 0.08, oscillating each day due to statistical noise. 0.11 is defininately outside of the noise range, so it looks like my cells are starting to work and they expect my white blood cell count to start rising sharply now. That should help to get me out of here on time.... :)
Friday, February 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You know those plastic party hats they give away at weddings, and other such events?
I will never look at one of those the same way again fter this latest blog entry.
WOO for the WBC rising!! That is great news!
jason...i'm so glad you are one day closer to going home (even if this blog was quite more graphic than i expected!)
Hi Jason!
Your Mom just gave me the link to your blog so I feel caught up on what's been happening to you. As always, I wish you strength and healing....your name remains part of our Mi Sh'beirach list here in the congregation.
I look forward to reading that you're back home and much improved!
Best wishes,
Rabbi Elias Lieberman
Hi Jay,
We just got back from Tampa and wanted to let you know we've missed your posts. (We thought we'd follow on dad's laptop, but it croaked midweek) I know he got to talk to you on the phone at some point, but we missed our daily ritual of checking in on you here.
Better days are coming, much better days....
Love you,
Judy
P.S. Give Kate a big hug from all of us
Post a Comment