Monday, February 12, 2007

The home stretch

So, I had a post started yestday talking about how it was day 11 and my wbc counts were up to about 0.87 but I was still feeling kinda misserable and that's why I hadn't posted in 2 days. Well, I thought I saved that to a draft so that I could finish it later, but it seems to have disappeared.

So, now it's day 12. My WBC count is up to about 2 today! That's almost what it was when I got here. They still have to run a differential on that, but one of the deciding factors before they can let me go home is my differential on a certian type of white cell must be 0.50. That means if 50% of the white cells are the type I need, and my count is 1.0, the differential count is 0.50. With a count of about 2, there's a darn good chance I'll be heading home soon.

Now I have every doctor aksing "How's your support system at home?", "Do you have people that can take you to clinic appointments?", "Do you have a way (other than yourself) to keep your house clean?"....
Shouldn't they have asked this before killing off all my bone marrow?

So, the good news is, I should be heading home wednesday or thursdays at this rate. I'm on so many anti-biotics and other support drugs that they can't just pull me off all of them at once, they have to wean me. Of course, that means for the first week or two at home and I'm gonna be all out of sorts, not having this constant flow of drugs into me. They're trying hard to get a bunch in my pill though.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Doctors are stupid - trust me I'm related to two! Anyway, I'm always around to drive you to appointments...I still have four personal days and a boat load of sick days (want any of those?) so any time you need me I'll be there. Lots of love! - Alli

HolmesBrothers said...

Hi Jason,
I can give you rides on my 2 wheel bike, do you have your own helmet & elbow pads? If not Mommy & Poppa said they're around whenever you need something, just holler...but I think you already know that!

Oh, and I'm real good now at making my bed, and I know how to set the dinner table. I'm also good at vacuuming the floor, I can load the dishwasher and I'm learning to fold laundry. You need help with those things?

Love you bunches,
Skip

Suz Currier said...

Currier's Cleaning Company starts Monday the 19th and every Monday thereafter...please do not worry about keeping the house clean!!!oxoxo, Sue

Jasmine said...

Hi Jason,
Good luck keeping those counts up! We're thinking of you every day down here. You should eat some bananas for the um, digestive stuff. I just ate a banana with some peanut butter.

Tell Kate to break a leg this weekend! I think she's doing too much too. But soon she'll get some time off to play with Abby! Hooray!

Get better,
Josh and Jasmine