So, it's day +7 that means only a week left and that I should be feeling the dumpiest days right about now.
Today was a day full of confusions as well as some pains and plenty of sleeping.
So, it turns out that morphine tends to give very vivid dreams. Not scary dreams or anything, just very vivid. As an example, when I first woke up this morninging, I had been dreaming about being in my hospital room. When I woke up I was very confused. Had I just woken up, or had I just fallen asleep? Kinda trippy.
I finally figured out that the mouth pain was much worse, so I was awake. Add to the mouth pain and the confusion a 103.3 fever, and I was knocked out for most of the morning drifting in and out of conciousness. Then I had some med students come talk to me on their practicums. Hope I was coherent. Same for when Kara came to visit today.
This cycle of awake - asleep / coherent-incoherent / fever - broken fever / trippy - not trippy lasted well into the night. Then my favorite quote of the day when the nurse came in to tell me she had me and woke me from a deep sleep(sums up the way I felt all day)
Nurse: "I'll be your nurse on this next shift"
Jason: "Great! What time is it?"
Nurse: "9"
Jason: "AM?"
Nurse: "No, No, PM".
You see, I thought I had slept for at least 13 hours, in reality, it was 1.
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Jason, you have been in there 2 weeks today....the worst is behind you! Better days are ahead and....you are that much closer to meeting little Abby!!! You WILL feel better very soon....and, in your own home!! We are all saying our own kinds of prayers... Love you and thinking of you........Auntie and Wigs
One more week! hooray!!! keep thinking healthy, happy, baby and Kate thoughts. Josh and are I thinking about you.
This reminds me of our last visit to Russia for Skip. The two of us were exhausted after flying for 36 hours, and were attempting to adjust to the 13 hour time change. We had just picked Skip up from the orphanage and he desperately needed a nap. Once he was asleep Dad suggested we also take SHORT naps to help acclimate to the time change, and the fact that we once again, had a baby in the house, fulltime... It was like 3 in the afternoon, and he promised he would get us up by 4:30. I think we were asleep before our heads hit the pillows, and then when I woke up and looked around I sensed we slept longer than 4:30.... The clock said 9! I couldn't believe we had all slept 18 hours - or had we? I got them up and we were looking outside, trying to figure out if the clocks were wrong, or what. Didn't make sense. The sun was shining brightly, there was alot of activity on the streets, seemed like a normal morning alright. Of course the TV was of no use to us in figuring out the correct time, and the apartment's dial-up internet access wasn't working at the time (as usual). Just when we thought we would have to call Irina and ask her the very stupid question "Is it really Saturday morning?", we were able to connect to the internet, and discovered it was 9:00 p.m. Since this was the first visit to this region in summer, we didn't realize how long the days were. Turned out the sun didn't set til 11 or so each night.... Strange, strange feeling.....
Post a Comment