Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sleeping beauty

So, it's day +14 now. I've been here for 21 days. Today was my tenative release date, but they say I'm not quite ready to go home. My counts are up to about 6.5 or so, but they still have to wean me off all of the anti-biotics I've been on. I also have to be able to drink 1 and half of the little pitchers of water in a day before they let me go. (to make sure I don't dehydrate) They did take me off the morphine for the mouth pain today and they said my stomach infection is gone.

I've been able to eat a little again. Mostly yogurt and oatmeal, but I hadn't really eaten in the last 3 or 4 days. In fact, I probably spent 45 of the last 48 hours sleeping. The transplant just kinda wiped me out. It's not like I wanted to sleep, it's like I had no choice. Made me feel pretty worn out and lousy.

I was originally supposed to leave today, but hopefully tomorrow. I was hoping to get to spend valentines with my beautiful wife, but that's not gonna happen. She said she'd still be my valentine anyways. Gosh I love her.

So, now I gotta get weaned off the last of the drugs, drink my water, and wait for my home care instructions, then I'm on my way home. Let's hope for tomorrow!

3 comments:

Suz Currier said...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! Perhaps it is just as well that you can't go home today--the roads are a mess. Keep resting, Jay; you are on the mend. oxox, Sue

Chitnis Family said...

I hope you get to go home tomorrow. I am glad to hear that your WBC is climbing steadily. You can always celebrate V-day over the weekend. We are thinking of you and hope you get to feeling 100% soon.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, getting those counts back up! And waiting to go home tomorrow is an excellent decision, the weather's terrible out there ;) Glad to hear you're getting some food into you now, even if it is oatmeal...