Friday, February 2, 2007

So fa so goo

Day +2 has been a pretty lazy day. My throat is really hurting now so I got some pain killers for it this morning. The pain actually woke me up. At least the pain meds work to keep it under control.

I slept in a bit this morning and then Dad called saying he was gonna come visit. I had my nurse unhook me from the IV so I could shower and then Dad showed up shortly after I got out. He brought two cards with him. I love getting cards. One of the cards had a hand colored airplane and a hand written note from Skip saying get better soon. It's the cutest thing and really made me smile. Thanks Skip!

I had to get some more blood in the afternoon since my counts were low again. This should help me feel better but I had to take benedryl before the infusion (standard protocol) so I basically slept from the time Dad left until just now.

Like I said, lazy day.

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

hey! i wish i could drop by for a visit, but md is kinda far. i'm glad you're doing well, and josh and i are rooting for you down here. here's a category: worst hospital food ever.

take care!

jasmine

Marty said...

Hi Jason,

Sorry your throat is sore. Maybe you could take a tip from Skip. I heard he broke some kind of record for popsicle consumption when he had his tonsils out a few weeks ago.
Lazy days can be good. You can rest up and cheer on da Bears in da Super Bowl! Sorry about the Pats. I was really hoping they'd be playing the Bears so I could place some wagers with you folks back east. I have a taste for fresh lobster. Super Bowl fever is crazy here in Chicago. It's not bad if you're a rabid fan. I'm not, so I'm getting a little tired of it.
So what's the view from your room? Do you get to look out at the city or is it a view of a service alley?
If you get bored entertaining visitors, playing PS2, experimenting with new foods and tormenting the maintenance staff here's a couple of ideas. Podcasts - on any topic you can imagine except maybe underwater acoustics or the Schrodinger Wave Equation.
Google SketchUp - a fun,(for a mechanical engineer anyway) intuitive 3D drawing package so you can design your dreamhouse.
Aunt Karen and I are off to the Strictly Sail boat show today. We're thinking of you! Hang in there!

Uncle Marty in Chicago

HolmesBrothers said...

Hi Jason, My cousin Drew and I have an idea about how to make your throat feel alot better

Freeze pops are good too, but you have to be careful, if you push them up too far you might end up with slush in your lap...(speaking from recent experience)...

Love, Skip