So, I've been here for 7 days now. I'm really itching to leave already. The good news is that 7 days is 1/3 of my time here. Only about 14 to go.
Today had some agrevating points and some nice points. My mouth and throat are starting to get more sore, but I expected that. This morning, at about 10:00 or so, a maintainence person came in to check on the light that was broken in the room. It had been broken ever since I showed up a week ago. He took a look and then said he'd have to call someone else. Since I had only experienced the room with the light broken, I told him that I didn't mind if they didn't fix it until I left. He said "OK".
About 20 minutes later another guy shows up and says he's here to fix the light. That's right about the time my grandparents Dede and Grandpa called from Curacao. I was really excited to hear from them and wanted to let them know how I was doing but this jerk didn't take the clue that I was avoiding him and trying to talk on this international phone call. He decides that he needs to move my bed and a bunch of other things so he can get at the light. No need for a tranplant patient to have access to his bed right?
Anyways, it was good to hear from Dede and Grandpa and that at least made things ok. But then this guy decides he's gonna take apart the whole light fixture to get to the wires so he can remove it to replace it. That takes like 30 minutes during which I had to just sit here in the dark. It's not like I can go to the cafeteria for a break or something. Long story short, he eventually replaces the light (which I didn't really care about) and then puts the bed back in place so that I can actually lie down.
As if that hassle wasn't enough, auditors at the hospital randomly selected my file to review, so my nurse (mind you, my nurse today was a new one to me) had to be off answering questions to the auditors for a couple of hours. Big hassle for her since she only knew me for 10 minutes before hand. Big hassle for me becuase I couldn't really get any nursing service for most of the morning.
After my nurse returned, however, my other grandparents, Nana and Papa, gave me a call and told me they were gonna stop by for a visit. That was great to hear... both sets of grandparents in one day. I took a shower before they got here and got to visit with Nana for about an hour. Papa couldn't wear the masks that are required becuase they were too hard to breath through, so I said "hi" through the glass in the door.
Ever since they left I've eaten dinner, chatted with Kate, and played PS2. So all in all, a day of frustration but also nice pick me ups. Ahhh... only 14 more to go.
Thursday, February 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
jason, today i noticed that when the facilities guys repainted my office, they only did 2 of the 4 walls. so now my office walls are two different colors. do you think the facilities guys here are the same ones at your hospital?
i'm so glad the transplant went well. i wish i could stop by the hospital, wear a mask and hang out with you. since i can't, i'm sending you a big hug and lots of love. please give kate and abby my love too!
Post a Comment