Friday, January 26, 2007

Adjusting to the life of confinement

So the first day of chemo is down, and we're into the second. The drugs they have me on for this round realy seem to help with nasuea. (knock on wood).

Kate was here with me most of yestarday, but I think I slept through most of it. Still, it's comforting to have here here.

The nurses here on 6C (I had requested 6D) are very nice. There is one named Marsha how is so very nice and checked me in. She's probably only a year or so older than me and she has straight blond hair. Makes me want to say "Marsha Marsha Marsh".

As for visitors, I can have visitors to Brigham and Woman's Floor 6C room 53 with a couple of conditions. 1. there can't be to many people at once. 2. If you have symptoms of germs or viruses or have been exposed to germs or viruses, you'll have to wait until another time. 3. There can't be any childern :(

I hope everyone it the world outside room 53 is doing well.

Chemo so far has been smooth sailing, so i'm hoping for some more.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jason!!!!! I'm glad you have set up a blog space so that all us worriers can check on you. Keep on smiling and know that I am praying for you (and Kate, Roxy, and the baby). Miss you tons, and I don't want either Kate or you to hesitate to call me at any time (I'll even go let roxy out if you need someone to help out). You guys were there for me when I needed you, and I can't think of any other way to thank you more than by returning the favor. Lots of love!

Dan said...

Jason,

This blog was a great idea for everyone who has you on the mind, but can't be nearby.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts, and I know you'll beat this thing.

-Dan

Erin said...

Hey Jason!
So happy to hear that all is well so far. We are sending you many prayers and can't wait until you are out and we can visit you at your imaginary house. In the meantime we plan to have Kate and the baby over for many dinners so relax and get better!!!
Lots of love from all of us (especially Max)

Anonymous said...

Some thoughts as I was brushing my teeth this morning:
Red Sox tickets go on sale tomorrow morning: Good thing you've got that internet connection! Those virtual waiting rooms are convenient in comparison to actually waiting in line at a box office, but that doesn't mean the line is any less shorter.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason!
Some thoughts as I was brushing my teeth this morning:
-Red Sox tickets go on sale tomorrow morning: Those virtual waiting rooms are convenient compared to actually waiting in line at a box office, but that doesn't mean the line is any less shorter. Good thing you've got that internet connection! Unless, of course, BBN can hook you up, in which case you can fork any tickets you may be able to get over to me ;)

-I wonder if any of your anti-nausea drugs are similar to what Charlie got for his NASA KC-135 flights?

-Graduation gowns: Just yesterday my sister was complaining about the price of a master's gown rental, which got me thinking... who says you have to wear a rented gown to your graduation? The school certainly doesn't know ahead of time who has or hasn't rented a gown. I think the idea of walking in the graduation ceremony in a hospital gown is a great one!

Glad to know you can see visitors. Any recent JASA articles you want in print? I know you must be missing them ;)

-Caleb

lea and wigs said...

Dr. Jason......it is now official! Congratulations! So glad you have this blog set up for all of us who want to know. We are working on a trip north so shall hope to see you soon. You are in our thoughts daily. We just know you will beat this thing....your fair ladies are awaiting (loved the fair ladies blurb!!!!) Hang in there and know how much you are loved by so many!!