Day three of chemo. I have a little bit of nausea, not too bad. Kinda wiped out. Good news is they will probably take out my Hickman catheter before I leave. The Hickman is the central line that goes directly into my heart and makes me bionic. We have to clean and flush it everyday so it will be nice for it to be out. Also, I will be able to lay on my stomach.
Tried tofu stir fry...bad decision. It almost made me throw up. That'll teach me to never order my dinner while I am loopy.
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Anything without meat is always BAD! Anyway, I am so glad that you have this blog going to keep everyone up to date...You and Kate are in my thoughts and prayers all the time. And, Abby is beautiful, just as I expected! Just wanted to pass along a quick greeting. Take care. Kristin (Brandt)
Not a fan of tofu myself--and I'm a vegetarian (sorta). Kristin's right, Abby is gorgeous. I can't wait to meet her!
Chin up, and order better food.
--jasmine
Abby is a beautiful name for your daughter and the picture is great. We can't wait to meet her. Sounds like you're doing pretty well, except for the tofu, but that would make anyone sick. Once Emily made carrot tofu alfredo when she was on a health food kick. TERRIBLE!! We haven't had tofu since and I would suggest the same to you. Anyway, we're thinking about you. Take care.
Okay. I know I'm a little slow, but did you say that you're bionic?!
Hi Jason, Sorry to hear the food is bad. I spent a couple of days in the hospital in November. No big deal. I passed out and had a little A-fib thing going with my heart. Aunt Karen was a little freaked and had the ambulance come. Anyway...The food at my hospital was great! They had an open menu. You could order anything off the menu anytime you wanted it. If that's what your hospital has go for the filet mignon or the lobster tail. Much better than tofu. Although I will say the tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich was actually better than the filet. I think it's a comfort food for me. Congrats on the Dr. thing. Dr. Jay sounds like a rapper. Abigail is a beautiful name for a beautiful baby. We're very excited for you and Kate. Take care. Love, Uncle Marty
Post a Comment