Today's been a pretty boring day. As I said in my last post, I woke up with horrible headache, but my nurse Carol came to my aide with some oxycodon. They use stronger drugs like that rather than tylenol because tylenol can mask a fever, and that would be bad.
I spent a good portion of the day laying propped up in the hospital bed. Kate got me a bunch of new DVDs so I watched Top Gun, took a nap, watched the Posiedon Adventure (the original), took a nap...
The comments everyone has been sending have been great! I look forward to reading them and they really pick me up. I can't wait to be done with all of this and then Kate and I will finally throw our BBQ party once I hit my 100 day mark (should roughly coincide with May graduation time).
Also, I've discovered some key tips for ordering food here.
1. If it sounds fancy... it's gross.
2. Don't forget to order you condements.... you have to check everything or they don't send it. Hence my pancakes the other day with no syrup.
3. Mac and Cheese and Fettucini Alfredo are safe.
4. No carbonation ... chemo + carbonation = the worst hiccups ever.
Monday, January 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Pancakes w/no syrup rule! That's the best way to eat them. At least I think so. The rest of them here think it's gross, but, what do they know?
Judy
Hey, your diet sounds a lot better than mine right now. Applesauce, Jello and cooled mashed potatoes! I guess I only have to put up with it for a little while though. I'm very glad you set up this blog though, I know I feel much closer than 500 miles away! McKenna, Phil and I send all of our love your way and we have the whole state praying for you.
Jennifer
Hey - wanted to let you know that my cousin catherine is a nurse at BW. It's very possible that she has/will see you. Last name is Melendy...give her hell!!!
Hey Jason;
Sorry about the syrup, or lack thereof, but that's how I eat them anyway (my kids don't understand why...).
Anyway, looks like today (30th) is Day 0! Everyone here at BBN is thinking of you and wishing you the best.
Ron
Top Gun is a very cool movie. Best way to enjoy pancakes is with fresh fruits and freshly whipped cream!
Its wierd that chemo+carbonation cause hiccups, I wonder why? I get hiccups from drinking soda just like that.
Hope things keep getting better. Emily sends her best.
Post a Comment