Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My Fair Ladies

So, it’s my first night in the hospital. Pretty boring so far. I’ve had to answer all sorts of medical questions and I’ve had some time to get situated. It turns out I got a pimped out room… A room for two all to myself. (Usually they put transplant patients in a room for one). Unfortunately one of my two TVs doesn’t work… I guess that means I can’t watch TV and play PS2 at the same time…

I’ve been here for 4 hours by now and you know what I miss the most so far? My three ladies. It’s just not the same with out Kate, Roxy, and the baby kicking around in Kate’s belly. Kate’s taken such good care of me that I’ve already found myself saying to the nurse “That’s not how my wife covers my central line dressing.” There’s something that Kate has that just makes things ok. Maybe part of it is my little girl inside her. I can’t help but smile when I think about her.

As for Roxy, she’s a wild one, but when I’m feeling lousy, she knows it somehow and she’s such a good cuddler. She’ll hop up on the couch and wedge herself between me and the cushion and wrap her legs over me as her doggy way of saying “I’m here to make you feel better.”

Well, so far I’m only hooked up to saline. They tell me they want me to pee a lot so they start saline early. I’ll start chemo in the morning but they’re giving me the “MVP” round of anti-puking drugs – three of the strongest as opposed to the one I got last time. Hopefully I won’t make dinosaur calls so much.

4 comments:

Briana said...

um...i don't know what "elliptic integrals and stepping motor controllers" are, but if you need something to distract you, let me tell you what i love MOST about tractors... =)

Jasmine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jasmine said...

Since you miss your girls, why not contemplate a sexy Donne poem instead of integrals?
This is what I'm spending a semester studying in grad school:

http://www.luminarium.org/sevenlit/donne/elegy20.php

--Jasmine (PS Yes, I'm using my old teacher blog account--too lazy to change it)

Chitnis Family said...

Hey Jason,

Hope the first day of treatment went well and that the triple dose of anti-puking meds were effective. Emily and I are thinking about you and wish you a speedy recovery.