Day -3 now. That's how they count the days. Everything before my transplant is negative, the day of my transplant is zero, and everything after is positive. Talked with the doctor on rounds this morning. He said I'm doing great and holding up to the chemo really well. My counts have started to drop now... my white blood cell count is below normal but still at 2 point something. (It should drop to nearly zero). That makes me susceptable to infection, so now it's very important to take all the visitor precautions.
I'm feeling a little better today than yesterday. I had toast and potatoes for breakfast (much easier to stomach than that tofu) and I got about 12 hours of sleep last night (thanks to the drugs I'm on).
The nurse just came in and started my chemo. One of my anti-nausea drugs has worn off now (lasts 3 days) so they gave me something else to tide me over for today. It's actually an anti-psychotic drug. I wonder if they discovered the dual use of the drug my the lack of nautious nut jobs or the abundance of sane chemo patients...
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Jason
I wonder... was it Prochlorperazine, by any chance?
I'm learning all about Antiemetics now (anti-nausea drugs) so I was curious.
Seems like you are doing well so far, kickin' butt and taking names. Keep it up!
-Dan
Hey Jason, it's your cousin Tim.
My dad (Uncle Marty) gave me the link to your site and I just wanted to let you know that I'd be checkin it out to see how you're doing. I know we never really saw each other that much, that was all geographical inconvenience, and I wanted to let you know that I'm really excited for you and Kate having a daughter on the way.
Take care of yourself and keep on truckin. And remember, hospital food can't be any worse than dorm food.
-Tim
Post a Comment