This morning sucked. I felt horrible. I was able to eat some breakfast, but by the time I had a shower and lunch rolled around I was in no mood for food. I felt faint an nauseous and just plain gross. Marsha (my nurse) told me that my red blood cell counts were low and they were going to give me some blood. That should make me feel better. In order to give me blood, they first have to give me benedryl. Well that put me into a semi-comatose state. It really knocked me out.
The guys from my old lab at BU (Parag, Caleb and Zach) showed up at just the right time though. I had already gotten some of the blood and the benedryl had partially worn off, so it was really nice to catch up and shoot the breeze for a while. Certainly broke up the monotony. Thanks Guys!
After the guys left I got to talk to Kate for a while too. It's nice when I get to talk to her when I'm awake and alert. I haven't been able to see her in two days now and really miss her. Even when I'm asleep in the hospital bed, it's nice to know that she's sitting next to me when she's here.
Well, that's it for now. By the next time I post I should be a transplanted man.
By the way, I found this picture of Roxy on my laptop which conveys what it's like to be stuck in a room for 21 days:
2 comments:
Hey Jason,
Good luck with the transplant! I have a friend who's son has had one and I think the procedure itself really is pretty low-key. Just another transfusion-type deal. Except they are transfusing little warriors to fight the good fight. You would almost think that they would be delivered with a battle march or something...
Anyways, we are thinking of you and sending lots of love, prayers, and HEALTHY thoughts your way.
Oh, and I love the name Abigail! It's a beautiful, classic choice. Give Kate a hug and a smooch for me!
Love,
Aunty Karen
Jason and Kate, I am sending all my love your way--today and everyday-- for your health and happiness, Mom
Post a Comment